Monday, February 21, 2011

Side effects

This weekend I learned about the symptoms of pneumonia....
  • Cough, often producing mucus (sputum) from the lungs. Mucus may be rusty or green or tinged with blood.
  • Fever, which may be less common in older adults.
  • Shaking, "teeth-chattering" chills (one time only or many times).
  • Fast, often shallow, breathing and the feeling of being short of breath.
  • Chest wall pain that is often made worse by coughing or breathing in.
  • Fast heartbeat.
  • Feeling very tired (fatigue) or feeling very weak (malaise).
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Diarrhea
I learned what would keep my kids busy in the waiting room of an ER for several hours while Shawn learned what it means to wait and wait some more.
  • DVD player
  • snacks
  • not the book Farmyard Tales
Later that day I learned that one of the side effects of an allergic reaction to Azithromycin is having hives.  Great.  Now I'm waiting to learn about the side effects of augmentin.

I am now a wealth of medical knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment