Friday, February 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Dip

  Tonight I made this recipe...yes I'm on the Weight Watchers wagon again.  It sounded too good to pass up as I've spent my week thinking "Do people really survive on leafy salads and apples alone??"  

As I read the line 'chick peas, loose skins removed, washed and drained' I thought it would be a short and easy task.  I've used chick peas in many recipes and only seen a few skins here and there.  Lo and behold every damn bean had skin on it!  By the time I realized I had to skin the entire can it became a personal mission that took me longer anyone should spend with a chick pea.  

Tonight I learned two things...all of the chick peas in the can have skins and Weight Watchers is brilliant because in all of the time it took me to skin them, I was not eating!  :)

Enjoy the dip, it's DELICIOUS!

 
Creamy Peanut Butter Dip





101 people rated this recipe
Course: snacks
PointsPlus™ Value:    3
Servings:  8
Preparation Time:  5 min
Cooking Time:  0 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
 
A peanut butter lovers' dream come true. Spread onto toast or serve as a dip with banana and apple slices. For a spicier version, stir in some red pepper flakes.


Ingredients

  1 1/2 cup(s) canned chickpeas, loose skins removed, washed, drained   
1/4 cup(s) Tropical Nut & Fruit Honey roasted peanut butter, or other brand  
2 1/2 Tbsp honey   
1/4 tsp table salt   
1/2 cup(s) hot water   

Instructions

  • Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Allow to set up in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Yields about 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment