If you've never been there, you must go!
My class goes each day for one week every spring. We are immersed in local science topics! It is a teacher's dream!
- Did you know birds don't have a bladder so the pee and poop at the same time?
- How about how to assemble the bones of a locally found seal?
- I can tell the difference between a dog whelk and a periwinkle. Ever seen a tiny hole bored into a shell? Probably the work of a dog whelk!
- Asian Shore Crabs are an aggressive and invasive species.
- Poison ivy not only grows it's itchy three leaves close to the ground, it can grow into vines that can choke a tree!
- Bittersweet, another invasive plant.
- Coniferous forests vs Deciduous forests
- Quaker's Rouge is a fuzzy plant in the Lamb's ear family used by Native Americans to line moccasins and Quaker women, not allowed to wear makeup, rubbed it on cheeks causing a reaction on their skin, thus nature's blush!